Sunday, February 12, 2012

My Heart Hopes



I was sitting behind you
Blind to the world around me
And watch the sunlight on
Your lovely long hair shine...

Your beautiful face was for me
The most beautiful sight in the office
Helping me to work with glee
Filling my loneliness with your eyes

Others around me in groups were speaking
I can't hear them as if they were unknowing

But in the midst of your friends
I was searching my eyes so blue
For a glimpse of You

But I also knew that
You were oblivious to my presence
Though I, who wasn't in the proper sense
Was searching for a look of your face then

And then suddenly my dreams shattered
As I saw you with a boy speak
And my soft heart ever so meek
Started picking up its pieces you had scattered

At his jokes you were laughing
And looking at him you were smiling
His company seem to fill you with joy
Though my mind was constantly questioning
Why not me? Why he?, With a cry

But then a thought filled my
Heart with delight
Just as darkness is dispersed by rays of light
Just as the stars are to the night
Just as the spring is to the rain
Just as the beats are to the heart
Just as the trees are to the earth
Just as the sea is to the ocean
Just as the foam is to the river
And the arrows are to the quiver
And you are mine forever and ever and ever....

-CSBharati

No comments:

Post a Comment