Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I Have Forgotten Myself...



My blood colours in your tale my love
Shouldst you forget, I shall still remember
When I wish to burst forth in tears
Wretch that I am, forbidden to cry out
When this mortal shell in anguish throbs
My tongue dare not give word, speak not I
In all my words, that which is hid
That which I foolishly choose to show
I no longer know what meanings remain
You turn my truth into a coat of lies
You wear it well, you choose to leave
You break me, cudgel me, bruise me, batter me
My many broken pieces then become your strength
I am an emptiness, and thus have you forsaken me
Now you gently enquire – how farest thou?
Me, I shall never ever return my love
I have neither home nor homecomings
An endless wait is all I am heir to
Having forgotten my way, forgetting my self ~ I leave today

No comments:

Post a Comment